Wednesday, December 8, 2010

THE PRINCESS IS THE FROG


This dress is for my little niece in Australia. She (and especially her "mum") look so much like Josefina, so we sent her the doll for her birthday a few months ago. She loves her new doll! She's been asking for some clothes for her, so I'm going to try to send a few dresses for Christmas. It's summer there- feels weird to do a summery little dress in December! This is the first one, crafted from a 99 cent yard of fabric from the hole.


I got a yard of blue material just like it, but probably will use the blue for something else...it feels like nice pillowcase material. They had a yard of yellow, too, and I'm kicking myself for not picking it up. For a buck? Are you kidding me? Sometimes I'm too tight for my own good.


I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out. Being sleeveless with a lined bodice, I was able to hide all the seams inside. No raw edges anywhere!


I have this ribbon- over 3 yards of it- and am trying to decide if they go together. Would it make a cute trim on an apron?

No comments:

Post a Comment