Wednesday, December 15, 2010

POT HOLDERS FOR KITCHEN SETS


I finally finished these last night in front of the TV. I love the orange trim! I kept coming back to it, even though I was hesitant because I haven't known Mom to ever use orange in her decorating. But it's such a kitchen-y color! Like fresh squeezed orange juice =*)
It was fun to do a bit of hand quilting. One of the best things about hand stitching is the time spent thinking about and praying for the recipient. Especially when the recipient is Mom, because she's so appreciative of the effort.


This is one of the set I made to go with the kitchen towels for my "mother-in-love" (one of our favorite mistranslations from Spanish into English!) Hers are in the process of being machine quilted, but still got to spend quiet time in prayer for her as the binding was hand-stitched around the back at two o'clock this morning.


I love how these turned out. The red and white looks so fresh. And there was enough fabric left over to make another little gift- not sure who it will be for! Will post about it later...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! My favorite is the middle set - the green swirly fabric one. I think I bought that fabric in a fat quarter a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete