Saturday, January 22, 2011

KITCHEN REDO - PART ONE

YAY! The kitchen is coming together finally!



The toile and checked fabric from fabric.com ended up being perfect, and I'm kind of proud of how the valances turned out. And there was just enough of the checked fabric left over for the lower cabinet's curtain (to hide the bread maker and KitchenAid...and also paint and grout at the moment!).

The tile backsplash will hopefully be coming soon, and we're still making decisions about artwork for either side of the window and something for over the stove. Would a red shelf be pretty there? It'd be a handy spot to stow S&P shakers, and it would be good to introduce more red into that side of the kitchen.



YAY!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the new color! I especially love the little cubby hole curtain! I had a couple of those at our Herbison Road house and loved them. They were fun to make, useful, and I love the shabby chic touch they gave. They're more personal than a wooden door, you know?

    You've got my creative juices flowing and I'm starting to look at fabric for my room. Now that the loveseat is in, I am wanting to do a bit more to tie in my room to the master bathroom. I'll need a chunk of change to do it becuase I have my closets covered with curtains because they're odd sizes and regular doors don't fit. Fun...

    ReplyDelete