Saturday, January 22, 2011

HOT DRINK MIXES



I served these at a crafting get-together last night and they were a big hit! The kids also really like them. We added crushed candy canes to the cocoa mix and served with "Merry Marshmallows" at Christmastime. Fun!

Since I know you're a big fan of Chai tea, here are the recipes!

COCOA

1 cup sugar
3 cups powdered creamer
1/2 cup Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder
A few grains of salt (very scant 1/8 tsp.)



CAPPUCCINO

1 cup sugar
2 cups creamer
2 T. Hershey's Dark cocoa
1 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. ground nutmeg



CHAI

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
(Mix in bowl and let dry, then add to other ingredients to blend.)
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup powdered creamer
1 1/2 cups instant tea (unsweetened)
2 t. ground ginger
2 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground cloves
1 t. ground cardamom


Pulverize in blender until uniform consistency. Each recipe makes about enough to fill a quart sized jar.
Use 2 tablespoons of mix per 6-8 oz. boiling water.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Send cardamom! :0) (You can also send a card to mom, but send me come cardamom.) Bah-doom shing!

    No seriously, I've made homade hot chocolate mix before (Maureen Shank's recipe from her mom/grandma) and it's so good! Last week at Sam's Club I saw a powdered mix for Chai and wondered what was in it. Now I know. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry...I was logged in as Lisa Art, my Craig's List name. The cat's out of the bag now...

    ReplyDelete