Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 ORGANIZATION JOURNAL



This isn't quite finished yet, but I wanted to share it before we get any further into this new year! The cover was going to be blue and purple...then I went and painted the kitchen red and am now feeling the Organization Journal should match. But four inches of fresh new snow have prevented the trip to the craft shop for the right red paper or fabric for the cover.
Here's the view out my window this morning...all the seed pods wearing their little fur hats!



I chose a basic Composition Notebook for two reasons...(1) I already had it, and (2) it is almost the exact same size as my new iPad Punk got me for Christmas! The carrying case I'm working on will accommodate both iPad and journal, which will come in very handy for when we're out and about. (Will post the case soon, when the embroidery is finished.)

Here's the inside front cover, complete with glued in pocket for receipts, notes, etc., and a handy calendar.



Each section has a tab labeling it. My labels are: calendar, friends, WN (the newspaper for which I write), bible, books & school, misc./fun, home, garden, recipes, shopping, sewing, gifts, and passwords.

I added pockets to some of the sections, so I could stick in magazine pages, fabric swatches, or whatnot.



(Bonus: a sneak peak at what we're thinking of doing to the back garden above the retaining wall this summer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment