Saturday, June 5, 2010

Abby's 4th Birthday Pillow and Purse


More applique and quilt binding practice, this time on a pillow (by special request) for a little friend who is VERY excited about turning four! The purse is fully reversible. I put little buttons behind each of the pink hearts so it would be easy to close (the buttons are back to back so it looks nice if turned out to the pink side). Also did a bit of beading on the other side of the purse, which was fun to try out. Should have taken a picture of that! The purse is mostly hand-stitched, which was so nice to do- I found it very relaxing once I got into the rhythm of it, and the OCD part of me got a thrill at all those tiny, even stitches lined up! I also made scrunchies, one in each of the fabrics plus a fourth in light blue...kind of wanted to keep those for myself...maybe hair pretties will be the next post =*)

No comments:

Post a Comment