Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ladybug Potholder


I am famous for lighting the corners of my potholders on fire, & have needed to make some round ones for a while now. This pattern from Amanda Soule's book Handmade Home reminded me of a ladybug even though hers is just a simple wedge across a circle. The ladybug's head is a piece of linen appliqued on, with a barely visible mouth and eyes, and the spots are hand embroidered. The binding is ho-made (from a fat quarter!) using this tutorial. Probably way too many hours invested, especially since Diddle has claimed it for his own...he even took it to bed with him last night =*) It has already seen use as a frisbee, hat, seat cushion, dinosaur blankie...and you thought it was just a hot pad!

1 comment:

  1. I love how he's looking at it...longingly. :0) Maybe you could make him one for his birthday. It's super cute! :0) And I like round pot-holders - all of my pots are round, so it just makes sense!

    ReplyDelete